Technical Communication

This is a blog where I want to share my experiences as a Technical Writer. Just like we experience many things in life which we wish to record somewhere. Likewise, I wish to share them here.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh, India

Pretty much depends on who's asking...

Monday, December 20, 2004

Update on 6th STC-India Annual Conference, 2004

The Society for Technical Communication (STC), India chapter had its sixth annual conference in Chennai, on December 3 - 4, 2004. STC is an individual membership organization dedicated to advancing the arts and sciences of technical communication. It is the largest organization of its type in the world. It has about 18,000 members, worldwide.

Professionals from around the country and representatives from many international STC chapters attended the conference. The two-day conference included presentations and workshops on various Technical Communication related topics including "Impact of Accessibility on Technical Writing" by me.

Personally, it was a wonderful opportunity for me to give a presentation to a gathering of technical writers from so many big and small companies. It definitely gave a lot of confidence when my presentation was appreciated by the people who attended it.

On the professional side, we, the VisualSoft Technical Writing Team also won prizes for Caption Writing competition and Adeeba's Demo Sample won a ViewletBuilder license for Viewlet Creation competition.

Apart from the presentation, it was great to exchange thoughts and ideas with technical writers from various organizations and different places. There was a feeling of oneness as it was a gathering of writers, editors, illustrators, content & graphic developers. All in all, I feel that this community is going to grow and flourish in the time to come, as the strength lies in togetherness.

1 Comments:

Blogger Prince K. said...

Hi Qais glad to know that you won some stuff. Me? i am Kazarelth an elf from my princedom(ok ok in gettit you may be thinking of me as some real weirdo, but im NOT, certainly NOT weird) http://fealdamar.blogspot.com/ I am an Indian, do you know Hindi? Just dropped by your blog and saw that you liked making friends. So do i !!! plz drop by my blog would you?

3:00:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home